Phone Charger Explodes

Yesterday afternoon the Guilford Fire Department responded to a residence to check a phone charger that had caught fire and exploded. The owner of the portable battery charger stated that the portable charger was charged approximately 2 hours before the charger caught fire and exploded. The charger was not plugged into an electrical outlet and was lying on a desktop at the time of the fire. Please use caution if you have these types of portable chargers that contain lithium-ion batteries. Do not leave them on any combustible items such as beds and couches and do not leave them unattended while you are recharging the battery pack.

 

 

 

Please reload

Featured Posts

Guilford Firefighters Attend Intense 80 Hour Training

April 26, 2017

1/10
Please reload

Recent Posts